March 7, 2022
Refrigerators are one of the essential appliances in your home. They keep your perishable food and drinks cold and allow you to store your other food items at the right temperature. They also preserve your food, essential since fresh food doesn't last long. If you want your refrigerator to last as long as possible, you need to take proper care.
Keeping your fridge in tip-top shape makes food storage and preservation easier. It helps keep your food fresher for a long time. In this article, we'll explore how to keep your fridge in prime condition to ensure maximum performance and extend the life of your food storage. Keep your fridge clean and uncluttered to ensure optimal ventilation.
Our refrigerators are constantly working to keep our food cold and safe to consume, but we rarely show them any affection in return. Consider these five refrigerator-maintenance tips, which can help you save money on your electricity bill and avoid unexpected repair bills.
1. If you have the space, place your refrigerator as far away from your oven and dishwasher as possible. Your refrigerator will work harder to maintain its frigid temperature due to the heat created by your oven, stove, and dishwasher, increasing your electricity bill.
2. Frequent door opening and closing pressure on your dependable old refrigerator. Avoid aimlessly eating in front of the fridge (with the door open) to avoid allowing too much cold air to escape.
3. Putting hot leftovers in the fridge raises the temperature, making the compressor work harder to cool it. Allowing your food to come to room temperature before putting it in the fridge will help. Remember that the FDA recommends only leaving perishables out of the refrigerator for two hours.
4. The heat from the condenser coils drives the compressor. The system overheats, the compressor fails, and your refrigerator can't keep your food cool. Access the condenser coils from behind (pull the fridge away) or from the bottom front (depending on your refrigerator) (remove the grill). Vacuum or brush the coils every few months, especially if you have a shedder.
5. While it may be tempting to hurriedly put an uncovered bowl of fruit or poultry in your fridge, take the time to shift your food to closed containers. When you leave food out in the open, the moisture evaporates into the air, making your fridge work harder to keep things dry. Covering your food will also prevent it from being strangely dried out.
Your refrigerator is one of the essential appliances in your home. It's where you store your food, which means you keep your meals and snacks. Without a refrigerator, you couldn't keep your food fresh. It means that you'd have to constantly go to the store to buy new food, which would be inconvenient and expensive. But keeping your refrigerator in good working order isn't a simple matter of turning it on and letting it run.
You can spend a lot of time and money keeping your refrigerators in perfect condition. You can have them professionally cleaned, buy brand-name cleaners, or even take them apart and scrub them yourself. The thing is, none of those things are essential. All you need is a simple solution that can be made right in your kitchen.
If you need help with your appliances, Volt Appliance Repair can assist you. You can trust to our experts for professional maintenance and repair services. To get started you can request a call, or give us a call at (888) 285-7957.